Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Rebel

I admit it, deep down inside I am a REBEL. My husband certainly knows and I am sure my parents have known it for a long time. I started a new schedule in the fall. I figured I needed a way to put priority on the things which needed priority. For me, I don't think there is any other way to have somewhat of an organized, running household of eight than to have a schedule. Just last week I updated the schedule a bit. I changed things around a bit and added a few things. I was very excited to start the new schedule on Monday. Well, yesterday I figured out a little about my rebellion. After only two days of doing the new schedule, I found my self rebelling against it. Was I really rebelling against myself? This is crazy. Not only did I make the schedule myself, choosing what things needed to be a priority, but I changed it this week to reflect the way we have been doing it since the fall. Now it is just correct on paper. But as of yesterday, I didn't want to do things that way. My schedule told me what I needed to be doing and I didn't want to do it. So, for some of yesterday, I didn't . I am a crazy nut, Steve even agreed.

I have to remind myself today that my schedule is a tool and not a slave driver. I also have to remember that I am the one that put the schedule in place for the good of our family and it was working for us. I need to get rid of the mentality of "if someone/something says I need to do it this way, than I don't want to." And I have to gain the mentality of "if it is a good thing, or something to bless me or my family, why not?" I am in no means saying we should do all things that are "good." Personal boundaries definitely come into play. In my relation to my schedule though, I believe that God is a God of order and he has blessed me with my schedule. Why shouldn't I use it.

No comments: