Monday, June 15, 2009

Weekly Menu and Other Happenings

We are all enjoying a couple weeks off school since Grandma S and Uncle Mark will be arriving on Wednesday. The first few days this week we are working on a little house cleaning and laundry. The bad news is today it has taken five hours for my washing machine to wash one load and it still never spun. I am very scared. My washing machine is one thing I don't know how I will live without. I have about three more loads sitting in the laundry room waiting to be washed and tomorrow is my big laundry day when I wash all the kids clothes. It will be something like 6-7 loads. I hope my hubby is able to figure it out tonight and do something about it. The kids will seriously not have anything to wear. They are already down to their jeans with holes in them and are sleeping in there swimming shorts.

On the school side of things, the kids have been talking about sharks lately and we decided to do a shark lapbook. So, I guess you can say we are doing school this week, just don't tell the kids.

Well, mom is looking forward to dinner out with girlfriends tonight. It has been a long time overdue. We are heading to Coco's a Mexican restaurant we recently found in town. Yum! This is what the rest will be eating and what we will be eating for the rest of the week.

Monday - Baked potato bar (with bacon, broccoli, cheese, sour cream, ranch) and bread
Tuesday - Chicken with cream sauce in the crockpot, noodles, and bread
Wednesday - Lasagna, caesar salad, garlic bread
Thursday - Chicken Fajhitas, mexican rice
Friday - Pizza (either homemade or delivery)
Saturday - Grilling something out if we are home
Sunday - Father's day, not sure yet?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this has nothing to do with your post :) but I was wondering if you had any extra time if you could post some tips/advice/experiences on potty training? I'm getting a little frustrated at our lack of progress, so thought maybe some advice from a mom who's been there might help me out :)