Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Weekly Meals

This weekend started off great, on Friday a friend of mine called to say she was making her delicious Lentil Curry. She was wondering if I would like her to save me some. I was so pumped. Her curry is a yummy vegetarian curry packed with vegetables like butternut squash, sweet potatoes, spinach, potatoes, and peas. I usually don't like vegetables at all and hardly eat them. That is why I was surprised when I first tried her curry and loved it. I crave it. I have begged her for the recipe and will continue to beg until she gives it to me. She says it is so easy. I just need the base of how much of what and I will be happy. I so want to have this recipe. I picked up the curry on Friday night and we ate it on Saturday night. There was enough leftover that we also had it last night as well. I am so thankful for friends that think of me. I just hope I am as good of friend to everyone around me.

It is so funny how my life revolves around food now that I am pregnant. This is another blog in itself. Maybe I'll get to it later this week :) Here is what we will be eating this week. This along with chocolate chip cookies I plan to make this morning. Yep, another craving!

Monday
- Lentil Curry, salad (pizza for the kids who don't eat curry)
Tuesday - Poppy Seed Chicken, corn, bread, salad
Wednesday - Tacos and applesauce, lemon bars for dessert
Thursday - Grilled cheese and Tomato soup
Friday - Frozen pizza
Saturday - Grilled chicken, potatoes, bread and salad
Sunday - Nachos

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Eat away, Marti!! That is one of the many blessings of being pregnant!!

Holli said...

http://mommy-recipes.blogspot.com/2008/01/honey-curry-chicken.html
here is a curry recipe for the whole fam. SO GOOD! love with cous cous.

Great Grandma said...

I honestly cannot believe you are eating all those vegetables. We must have that curry recipe when I visit so I can witness this incredible "Marti's Believe It Or Not!!