Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Cookbook

On Saturday, we made our way to Costco to stock up. We always enjoy the time browsing through the store to see if we can find anything we can't live without. Saturday, we were getting in line and hubby asked if we wanted to look at the books. I had completely missed and forgot about the books. I love reading and love books. I can spend quite a bit of time just rummaging through the piles and piles of books. I usually come home with new books for the kids. But this week, I found a Williams-Sonoma Cookbook. It is called Family Meals - Creating Traditions in the Kitchen and it was only 9 pounds. I don't think that is bad at all. After all, it is $32 on Williams-Sonoma website. I took a quick peak through and decided it was well worth it. I threw it in the cart.

Another thing I love about this cookbook is that it is from America, so all the recipes are in American measurements. This way I can actually make them and not have to guess on the conversions.

I looked through it the entire one and a half hour car ride home from Costco. I found many recipes I would like to try. Even my oldest was looking through it yesterday and he kept saying, "yum, this looks good" and "mom, we should make this." I had him mark some pages that looked yummy. Now we just have to pick a few to try first and head to the store. I love it when I find something that helps me a bit in the kitchen. I have a feeling this will be one well-used cookbook in our household.

No comments: