Monday, April 27, 2009

Meals for the Week

We are back and I am looking forward to getting back in more of a normal routine. I think we are all ready to eat at home for a while. When we traveled, we ate breakfast at our house and made a picnic lunch to take with us for the day, but we usually ate dinner out. We are all ready to be at home and to eat in our own space as a family once again.

I had the menu planned, but then this morning I woke up to a yucky tummy bug. I have been in bed all day. Thankfully, Steve has stepped in and not only fed the kids, but has also worked from home, done the laundry, schooled the kids and entertained them so I could sleep. That is exactly what I have done. I think I have only been awake for around 4 hours today. I am feeling a bit better now and thinking of getting a shower. We'll see how I sleep tonight after all the sleep today. Hubby said I could work on the Ireland post if I couldn't sleep. You never know.

Monday - Grilled cheese (daddy made these for the kids tonight)
Tuesday - Meatloaf, baked potatoes, bread, veg (I haven't made meatloaf since we have lived in England because I don't like British beef. I thought I would try now since we use Scottish beef. Plus, one of my kids was requesting it.)
Wednesday - Tacos, Mexican Rice
Thursday - Pesto Chicken pasta or Chicken BBQ's
Friday - Homemade Pizza
Saturday - Grilled steak and hot dogs for the kids
Sunday - Nachos

4 comments:

Great Grandma said...

Marti
Sorry you aren't feeling well. And Thanks to Steve to taking over. What a guy!
Talk to you soon.
Love ya, Mom

Holli said...

hope you feel better!!!

Dawn said...

Marti, Hope you get to feeling better. How nice of Steve to step in and take care of everything for you. You are a lucky lady! :-)

Laura said...

Hi, call me when you feel up to it and are caught up. I can't wait to hear about your trip!