Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Beloved Timer

One tool I have found to be a necessity in our home is my little kitchen timer. As a mom with many little ones, loads of things to do at any given time and a very forgetful mind, my kitchen timer is my helper and friend. I set it to remind me of a child who may be in his/her room for a time-out, for the kids and their computer time and when to switch to the next child, for an alarm clock when I get a few minutes to nap, for quick 5 minutes clean-ups around the house with the kids. I also use it to get myself out of the kitchen and out to be with my family. I can tinker away cleaning up in there, all the while my family is waiting on me. I tell them five minutes and see how much I can get done in that time. It really helps me to move and to get the work done quickly. I am sure there are many more ways to use the kitchen timer. If you have a good one, please leave a comment.

Visit here for more Help for Growing Families

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Amen! I love those timers!

Monica said...

We love our timer too. I set it to remember the laundry, so hours don't pass and we forget to switch.