Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Menu

I am a little late at posting this. I didn't have it finished until yesterday. I ordered my groceries last evening and they arrived this morning just in time for lunch. I splurged and bought donuts for the kids. So, after we got all the groceries and all the bags put away we all sat down and enjoyed a nice jelly filled doughnuts. Why jelly filled and not chocolate you may ask? Well, over here the donuts are not the same and all you can really find are jelly filled or ring donuts, sometimes you can get plain custard ones. You can't get yummy frosted ones. There are a few Crispy Creme shops in the country and when we are in cities that have them we do usually splurge on some. By splurge, I mean they are expensive. After the conversion, we are paying about $24 for two dozen donuts. Thankfully, we don't have one close to home so it is not a temptation to do often.

Monday - Tuna melts and Tomato soup
Tuesday - Chicken Lime Tacos
Wednesday - Kids will have spaghetti or pasta (we will get to eat at a dinner at church)
Thursday - Peach French Toast (this has been a favorite for years, we usually have it for breakfast on Christmas)
Friday - Tomato Pesto Pizza (I got this great idea from a friends, thanks Holli)
Saturday - Potato Soup with bread (this recipe came from a friend I used to babysit for when I was in college. We all love it and usually eat is all and I double it. I'll post the recipe below.

4 Large Potatoes peeled and diced
3 C. chicken stock (can use water and chicken boullion) (use enough liquid to cover top of potatoes in pot)
1 1/2 C. Milk almost boiling
1/8 tps. nutmeg
1 tsp. dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
grated cheese to top

Cook potatoes in boiling stock for 20 mins until very tender. Puree potatoes in blender or mash until very smooth -- do this in the water/stock they were in. Stir in hot milk, nutmeg, parsley and salt and pepper. Heat until simmered. Serve with cheese.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We just had the potatoes soup a couple weeks ago with yummy bread from the bread maker. The kids love it!!