Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chicken Tortilla Soup

I have had a few requests for the recipe for the Chicken Tortilla Soup. So, here it is. It is super easy and uses a crock pot.

4-6 chicken breasts
2 cups salsa
1-2 cans of corn
1 can of black beans drained (if I have them I use them, if not I don't)
chicken stock/broth ( I use enough to fill my crock pot after everything else is in it. I think it is 8 cups)
tortillas - to crush on top
shredded cheese for the top too
sour cream for top (if desired)

That is it. Just put it all in your crock pot and cook all day on low or 4-5 hours on high. Yum, it is so good.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum, sounds really good!
I have a lot of chicken breast that I got on sale too, perfect!
thanks :)

Dawn said...

Marti, thanks for the recipe. That sounds delicious...and easy. I love easy! :-)

Holli said...

had it for dinner tonight! GREAT! keep the menus coming!!! :)