Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Poppy Seed Chicken

Poppy Seed Chicken

3 C. cooked cubed chicken
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 8oz container of sour cream (in England I use creme fraiche, I am not sure the difference, but it is easier to find in the stores and it tastes good.)
1 stick butter
1 tube or box (if in England) of Ritz crackers crushed
1 T. poppy seeds ( I just sprinkle some on the top. I don't measure it.)

Mix the chicken with the sour cream and cream of chicken soup. Put into a greased casserole dish (something smaller than 9x13) I use one of my oval corelle dishes. Melt butter and mix with crushed crackers. Spread crackers over the chicken mix. Sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake at 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C for 20-30 minutes until bubbly.

1 comment:

Cyndi Lewis said...

I was just introduced to a similar recipe three months ago. A church member brought it over for a meal for us after our daughter was born. It was such a hit with the family that I got the recipe from her. Yummy!