Monday, February 23, 2009

Meals For the Week

On Saturday, we took our bi-monthly trip to Costco. It is a 1 1/2 hour drive, so that is why we only go ever two months or so. We came home with van full of food. I am so happy that my freezer is now full with Scottish ground beef again. Those of you who follow our family blog, know that I REALLY don't like English beef, especially the ground beef. We have lived here for 2 1/2 years and I still haven't gotten used to the taste of it. It just tastes funny to me. About a year ago, we tried Scottish beef and we loved it. I am not sure it is as good as Mid-Western beef, but it works.

I also ordered my regular groceries on-line this afternoon. They will be delivered in the morning. Now that our freezer and cupboards are stocked again, I am ready to get planning.

Monday - Chili, salad and sweet cornbread
Tuesday - Spaghetti with Meatballs, garlic bread, mixed veggies
Wednesday - Chicken Enchiladas and corn
Thursday - Pesto Chicken Penne Pasta, salad and bread
Friday - Baked Potato Bar
Saturday - Out, we will once again be out for the day.
Sunday - Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwiches

1 comment:

Holli said...

what kind of enchilada sauce do you use? i haven't been able to find one we like!