Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Meals for the Week

A day late, due to the "snow day" we had yesterday. You haven't missed much. Hubby picked up cheese burgers from McDonalds on the way home from work yesterday. I just couldn't think dinner.

Monday - McDonalds
Tuesday - Meatballs, mashed potatoes, mixed veggies, homemade applesauce, rolls
Wednesday - Chicken Tortilla soup
Thursday - Chicken Poppy Seed (Dawn I see you are having this too)
Friday - Chicken BBQ Sandwiches, curly fries, salad
Saturday - Mom and dad will have dinner out with friends to celebrate Rachel's birthday. The kids will have something easy like frozen pizza or chicken nuggets
Sunday - Nachos (lunch or dinner out for daughters 4yo birthday)

I also made a decision today to use up the food we have in the house and see how long I can put off shopping. We seem to have lots stock piled. Of course, I will have to get bread, milk and orange juice. I think we will be having a Costco shopping trip in the near future. This is another reason to clear out the freezer and cupboards.

1 comment:

Dawn said...

Marti, I absolutely love Poppy Seed Chicken. Yum! Can you share the recipe for your Chicken Tortilla Soup? That sounds like it would be yummy. You can email me at dmcole630 @yahoo dot com, if possible. :-)