Monday, February 9, 2009

Meals for the Week

Slight change of plans much to my disappointment. All the slots were full to have my groceries delivered tomorrow. They didn't even have any until ten p.m. on Wednesday night. I definitely couldn't wait that long. I had to head out tonight after dinner in the pouring rain to get the groceries. It was a bit nice, though, just walking through the empty store and taking my time. It was also nice to have a break from putting the kids to bed. Thanks to my great hubby. Now the cupboards are once again full. The fridge is full and clean. I cleaned it before I went to the store. What a nice feeling. I feel a bit more prepared for the week now.

Monday - Chicken Potpie (haven't made this in a long time and I don't think I will for a long time again. Only one of the kids actually liked it. We forced the rest to eat it to get desert. One 2yo didn't even think that was worth it. She'll be hungry in the morning.)
Tuesday - Tacos and Mexican rice
Wednesday - Spaghetti with meat sauce and garlic bread
Thursday - Pancakes and Scrambled eggs
Friday - Homemade pizza
Saturday - kids chicken nuggets (mom and dad got a sitter for Valentine's Day)
Sunday - Nachos (I think I have had these on the list for three weeks and we haven't had them yet. They are a good Sunday night meal.)

2 comments:

Dawn said...

I can't believe your kiddos didn't like the chicken pot pie. Such a bummer when we make something and it isn't well received. I hope they like tonights meal much better! :-)

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds yummy! I'm jealous that you can have your groceries delivered! I think Schnucks does that, but we live too far away.
How do you make your nachos?